Monday, February 11, 2008

LCMinutes 1.31 Is Ready

LCMinutes 1.31 comes with support of Today / Home Screen display customization, minute beep, and several bug fixes. Check the change history for details.

Minutes beep feature is a little tougher to implement than my initial thought, the main problem is that during a phone call, the default audio device is muted. I have to unmute it make the sound heard. And I am not sure it will work out on every devices.

But in case the minute beep doesn't work on your device, just disable it and let me know. And also let me know your opinion on the volume if you feel it's too low or too loud.

This version should also fix the problem that on some phones (or operator related?) the data traffic is not recorded. For those of you have encountered this problem, please let me know whether this version has fixed it or not.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice release :-) Thanks for this great app. I have a little suggestion: Would it be possible to display the decimal places for call time too? F.e. if i make a phone call that takes 3 minutes and 50 seconds, LCMinutes should display 3.50 :-)

LyonPlus said...

Hi, Rene

First thanks for your interest.

But I am not sure whether you are referring to the display on today screen or in the LCMinutes main window. In the main window, call duration is already displayed like 03:50.

And in today screen, it's basicall inapplicable, because for most rate plan, the charge is rounded up to the next full minute, and LCMinutes only records the full minutes. And it make sense only by this way.

Fox example, if you made 2 phone call each lasted for 1 minute and 10 seconds, you will be charged for 2 minutes for 2 times. And in LCMinutes it will be displayed as 4 minutes. And this complies to the charge mode by most operators.

What do you think?

Anonymous said...

In my case (o2 Germany) i always have to pay for the first minute (0,19 cent), also if the call ends after 34 seconds. But after the first minute, i did have a 10 second tact. So if i made a call with 1 minute and 16 seconds, i have to pay for 1 minute an 20 seconds.

I like to see the exact time on the today screen.

LyonPlus said...

Hi, Rene

Yes, you made a very good point. I need to change the format. But the precision will be up (or down?) to your charge interval, In your case, it's 10 seconds. That means, if you made a phone call lasted for 1:16, it will be displayed as 1:20.

Why not 1:16? Because the exact time is simply not in balance info. As I mentioned before, LCMinutes will add the phone call duration as 1:20 for charging purpose. So after you made 4 phone call with this length, you will get 5:20 instead of 5:04, so the charge will be the same.

What do you think of this?

Anonymous said...

Why not the exact time? Hmm.. in my case, i did have 50 free minutes/month (in every network) and i'd like to see if they all used and i have to pay for my calls.

But maybe you can make it variable, so the user can choose what to show on the today screen (exact or discounted minutes)?

LyonPlus said...

Hi, Rene

I guess I didn't understand you correctly, or I didn't make myself clear?

For you 50 free minutes, how it is counted? For example, if you made 10 calls each lasted for only 15 seconds, will it be counted as 150 seconds, or 200 seconds, or 10 minutes?